- What is your favorite kind of reading? Novels? Biographies? Mathematical textbooks? Novels and Textbooks
- What do you like best about your favorite kind of reading? What keeps you coming back to that kind of book? Following a gripping story? Watching characters develop? Being educated about things and places you didn't know about? Letting your mind relax into someplace completely different?I love novels because they take you to places and introduce you to characters that you would have no hope of coming in contact with in real life(at least in the books I read). I like textbooks books because I love to do research(that's weird isn't it?)--if it's a topic I'm interested in then I'll look up everything I can about it. I also really like learning about learning--I guess that's why I went into education :)
Booking Through Thursday
- Have you ever wanted to travel to a place described in a book? Yes. I have read so many books set in New Orleans that I've always wanted to go there.
- Have you ever ACTUALLY travelled to a place because of the way it was described in a book? I have never been to a place described in a book(most I read are fantasy and the places don't exist), and I'm afraid that New Orleans is now probably a shell of what it once was.
- And if so, did it live up to the expectations, feelings, emotions you expected from the book? Did you feel like Anne was going to come romping around the corner of Green Gables? Was it as if Jo was upstairs at Orchard House, scribbling on a story? Or was it just a museum, or just a city street? Like Abbey Road without the Beatles?